Second Pizza Hut restaurant in Tanzania located at Shoppers Plaza Mikocheni.
Pizza Hut staff dishing out pizzas to children.
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania 10th October, 2016 – Pizza Hut, a division of Yum! Brands, the world’s largest restaurant company, today announced the opening of its second restaurant in Tanzania located at Shoppers Plaza Mikocheni.
Pizza Hut has inaugurated the launch of the new store by donating hot and fresh Pizza’s to the children at Chakuwama Orphanage Center in Sinza. With the support of Coca Cola Tanzania, they were also able to donate several cases of Minute Maid Juices. “The children had smiles from ear to ear,” said Pizza Hut employee Catherine.
Pizza Hut is the world’s largest pizza chain with $12 billion in global sales and more than 15,000 restaurants in over 100 countries.
Dough Works Ltd has committed to a multimillion-dollar investment in the Pizza Hut brand and the launch of its second store at Shoppers Plaza Mikocheni, a 54 square meter store which is a dedicated outlet for pickup orders and delivery.
The company has plans for rapid expansion and growth with a target of over 30 stores across the country, creating over 500 new jobs in the Quick Service Restaurant sector.
ABOUT PIZZA HUT
- More than 58 years ago, the Carney brothers borrowed $600 from their Mom to start the first Pizza Hut store
- Pizza Hut is the largest pizza restaurant company in the world having more than 13,000 stores in the whole world.
- Pizza Hut was thefirst pizza chain to accept an order over the Internet.
- Pizza Hut was thefirst company to deliver pizza to people in outer space.
- The first Pizza Hut restaurant in Africa was in South Africa